The amplifiers and headstages are clearly identified, thus, the user can immediately assign the amplifiers to particular patched cells. Although independent, the amplifiers can be stimulated simultaneously with resulting simultaneous data acquisition. Current or voltage signals from multiple amplifiers can be recorded, displayed and even analyzed online. This versatility makes these amplifiers ideal instruments for experiments such as studying gap junction potentials, pre- and post-synaptic events, and usage in amperometric measurements.
The versatility of the EPC 10 USB Double and EPC 10 USB Triple stem from their adjustment and control at the software level. Leak currents, capacitances, and series resistances can instantly be neutralized automatically while you still retain the possibility of full manual control of the amplifier. Voltage- and Current-Clamp experimental protocols are easily automated; not only ensuring simplicity, great speed and accuracy but also providing enormous flexibility for the integration of extensions such as photometric and fluorescence measurements.
The EPC 10 USB Double and EPC 10 USB Triple also provide economical solutions in comparison with the combination of several individual instruments. They also have the advantages of optimized noise performance and grounding over that of multiple external amplifiers.
he design of the pre-amplifier allows “True current clamp” experiments to be performed. In current clamp (CClamp) mode, the headstage acts as a voltage follower circuit, which guarantees very fast and accurate membrane potential recordings.
The Low Frequency Voltage Clamp (LFVC) is a modified current clamp mode, that allows for measuring transient potentials, such as action potentials and synaptic potentials, as in the usual current clamp, while the average membrane potential is kept constant at a value chosen by the user.
EPC 10/n USB Additional Features:
- Each amplifier section is a completely independent circuit board with headstage
- The amplifiers can be stimulated independently and simultaneously acquired with PATCHMASTER software
- Dimensions (D x W x H): 90 x 17 x 14.5 mm / 3.54 x 0.67 x 0.57 inch, without connector
- Improved noise performance in the important 1 – 10 kHz band
- Three feedback resistors for three gain ranges, switchable during the measurement
- Optimized for single-channel and whole-cell recordings
- Quiet enough for the most demanding single-channel applications
- Retrofittable on older EPC 10 Amplifiers
The slim shape of the headstage allows optimal access to your cells. The connection to the pipette holder is achieved via a stable BNC connector.
Adapter plates for various micromanipulators are available from HEKA.
Publications can be found at: