What you will find in this guide
This guide serves as an information and data resource for electrophysiologists. It covers a broad range of topics ranging from the biological basis of bioelectricity and a description of the basic experimental setup to a discussion of mechanisms of noise and data analysis.
The Axon Guide Fourth Edition is a tool benefiting both the novice and the expert electrophysiologist. Newcomers to electrophysiology will gain an appreciation of the intricacies of electrophysiological measurements and the requirements for setting up a complete recording and analysis system. For experienced electrophysiologists, we include in-depth discussions of selected topics, such as advanced methods in electrophysiology and noise.
Table of contents
- 1. Bioelectricity
- 2 The Laboratory Setup
- 3. Instrumentation for Measuring Bioelectric Signals from Cells
- 4. Microelectrodes and Micropipettes
- 5. Advanced Methods in Electrophysiology
- 6. Signal Conditioning and Signal Conditioners
- 7. Transducers
- 8. Laboratory Computer Issues and Considerations
- 9. Acquisition Hardware
- 10. Data Analysis
- 11. Noise in Electrophysiological Measurements
- Appendix A: Guide to Interpreting Specifications